Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Still having first's after 27 years

I have been craving banana bread for awhile now so I decided to buy some bananas and attempt to make my first loaf. I let the bananas ripe to a point that I would never eat but hey they say black bananas make the best banana bread. I decided to go with a recipe off of allrecipes.com because the recipe Dad uses sounded too complex. I chose the recipe based off of the ratings. It had 5 stars. It consist of bananas, shortening, sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt. All the ingredients I had. I also had to add 1/4cup of Cinnamon apple sauce because I was a little short on the 1cup of bananas. Here it is a little crumbly but it taste like banana bread.
Not bad for my first loaf. I think I will use a different recipe next time but I am totally making more.

2 comments:

Josh said...

I hope there is still some left when we get there.

Have a blessed day! said...

Great job! I have a SUPER easy recipe from my grandma, it is:

3/4 cup sugar
3 large bananas
3/4 cup of vegetable oil
2 egs
2 cups of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup chopped nuts (if you want)

Heat over to 325*
Grease loaf pan
Mash bananas then add in sugar, it will liquify. Then add in oil & eggs & mix. Stir in remaining ingredients.

Pour into greased pan and cook for 60-70 minutes. (It takes me 60 min but it took my Grandma 70...I think because she had an older oven maybe?) Let it cool 10 minutes before you serve.

Easy YUMMY really moist recipe. Let me know how it turns out for you.